Saturday, December 4, 2010

A sigh of relief...

Upping my dosage seems to have gotten rid of the problem of intense hunger pains...because yesterday was CAKE! I still had the occasional mild hunger pain but it wasn't anything more than you'd feel when you hadn't eaten for a few hours. It felt so great to not have this diet and my hunger take up my entire day and my every thought.

I did accidentally go over my 500 calorie limit when I ate an extra melba toast but those things are just so good...especially when you can't have bread or crackers. So I think I hit 534 calories..BUT...I still lost 1.4 lbs today so I'm not complaining! In fact, the night before when things were so bad, I had one of my protein shakes that I bought as a just in case for when I had a bad day. That took me to 612 calories I believe and I still lost 1 lb. So I'm not going to stress as much over hitting that 500 calorie mark exactly and if I need that extra cracker, I'm going to eat it. It's worth it if it keeps me from wanting to eat my arm.

So it's now officially the start of my second week on phase 2. 14 days to go. In those first 7 days, I lost 12.6 lbs. I was hoping to average 2 lbs a day but almost 13 lbs in one week is HUGE! I know people are skeptical about how fast the weight comes off while on the hcg saying it's impossible to keep it off...but it's not. You're weened off it slowly and put on a meal plan to ease you back up in calories and if done right...I'll keep losing weight with a healthier diet and exercise. You know...the NORMAL way (as I keep getting told). Yes, if I go back to eating crap, I will gain it back..so it's up to me. But it is possible for me to keep losing weight even after going off the drops. A girlfriend of mine lost 50 on her 40 day hcg cycle and ANOTHER 20 on her own during the maintenance period! She is my inspiration and I know I can do this.

So thank you to all of you who have given me your support, it really is what keeps me going. To those of you who think I am just crazy and hurting my body on this diet then I'm sorry you feel that way but I am not giving this up. I was hurting my body more by weighing 330 lbs. to begin with and I don't see how shedding that weight is a bad thing.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jill what a week you've had. Good job for keeping yourself going. I can totally relate to the stomach pains stuff - yikes! I dread having to go thru that - I have 25 food allergies - I've been trying to remove them again, but it's tough. I remember all too well the pain all day and all night - I hear ya! I did "dejunk" 42lbs in 3 months or so (I say dejunk because if you "lose" something, you usually want to find it again - not with that weight! lol). I don't know if your diet allows you to eat grains or not, you did mention the melba toast - anyway, if you are to be pretty grain free - check your L-Glutamine for starches. Remember that when you are taking so many foods out of your diet, you may go thru a "withdrawal" - it is both emotional as well a physical. You may have been eating foods that your body had an intolerance or slight allergy to - it's no different than what a reforming drug addict would go thru. Watch for that too - give yourself some time to process it. I am sure there are some support groups online for your diet - I find they are so helpful! You are doing great - just keep swimming! I also found that nights are my toughest too - I think it's due to old habits of snacking while watching tv - not good. Remember above all else, you are taking good care of your body and your health - Remember who you are - you are a BEAUTIFUL daughter of God! Much love Theresa C if you need anything, feel free to email me or message me on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jill! I'm so proud of you. I'm always proud of you, but I'm extra proud that your sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The controversy proceeds from warnings by the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition that hCG is neither safe, nor effective as a weight-loss aid."

    You should also know that Kevin Trudeau, a big supporter of hCG and the man who made the diet a fad, is nothing but a bullshit artist. He's been to jail for fraud, and could careless about your well-being, so long he gets a paycheck.

    You're doing nothing but injecting yourself with harmful hormones, and starving yourself. Of course, you can argue that you've already lost weight, though, by eating only 500 calories a day, you're body will have no choice but to shed unhealthy pounds. Sadly, your diet is basically what a bulimic does and yes, that should scare crap out of you.

    This will NOT be a long term solution, because even if you loose all the weight, you're just going to put it back on in the end. Talk to any person who has dropped pounds; the one thing they'll tell you is that shedding the pounds is the easy part, but keeping it off forever is the challenge.

    America and the world have been marketed that loosing weight can be successful with a quick fix, which it can't. It's hard work, but it's also achievable -- so long you change your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez......

    Anyway, Jill, I'm glad you found some relief. I look forward to reading your blog over the long term so I can be motivated by the positive changes you have made in your life and your family's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the positive comments guys :) Skaking, I'm sorry you disagree with what I'm doing, but I don't even know you. So please don't be offended if I take it with a huge grain of salt. I've done my research on this. I spent the good part of the past year doing it. And I'm not just losing pounds, I'm losing body fat percentage. I've been keeping track with the new scale I bought. That means I'm losing FAT...not lean muscle. So thank you for your concern, I know others have concerns as well (both friends and family), but I plan to stick with this for at least this one cycle. Scratch that. I don't "plan" to. I am going to.

    And I know all about Kevin Trudeau. I also know he was not the man who created this diet nor is it his diet plan that I'm following.

    And of course it's not a long term solution! That would be crazy! Hence the reason I keep explaining the "cycles" and the fact that once this 21 day cycle ends for me on Dec. 17th-ish...I will be put on a specific diet/meal plan/exercise plan by the very same nutritionist. It's just the kick start to the big picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Jill! Sorry I haven't been around to cheer you on. I've been sick-still am and my kids are all sick.
    Anyways, as far as the feeling of hungry goes, I never really had the I'm SO FULL feeling. My friends explained being on hcg as having an "emtpy" feeling, but not necessarily starving. That seems to be how you are feeling on this post. I just reminded myself that the "empty" feeling was good and my body was shedding weight! Wha-HOO!

    ReplyDelete