Monday, December 13, 2010

Possible TMI situation...

If you're squeamish about girlie stuff then don't read this haha.

So, I've read in a few different places that being on hcg when you get your period...sucks. I didn't think it would be a big deal because for the last four years I've had an IUD (Intra-uterine device aka. birth control device) and my periods have been far between and VERY light. They have literally not lasted more than a day. I think it's now safe to say that the hcg definitely has an effect on that.

I got mine yesterday...still have it today...and it's the heaviest I've had in years. No, it's not abnormally heavy like OMG GO SEE A DOCTOR! It's just....normal. Just not normal for me. I can say that I do not miss days like this! I'm going to stay on the hcg through it since I only have 4 days left (YAY!), but I'm going to complain! I feel a bit hungrier and my cramps SUCK. But I'll live.

Most things I read said that while on your period, you're most likely to have a stall or not lose much weight. I was still down .8 lbs today so that's not bad, but I'm really straining to reach the 20 lb. mark. I'm having a hard time understanding why my first week on this diet was so great and I lost so much. And over the past 7 days I've only lost about 5.8 lbs. I know, I know....5.8 lbs in one week is nothing to sneeze at. Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations when I decided to lose 30 lbs on my first cycle. But I'm still determined to get as close to breaking that 300 lb. mark by Christmas dammit!

In my efforts to beat this thing, I even caved to my dislike for seafood and ate the tilapia last night! It wasn't the best thing in the world but it didn't make me want to vomit as seafood usually does. I'll have to play with the seasonings a bit next time, but I'm trying to have less red meat for the rest of this week.

I have another meeting with Maeli today. I'm excited to see the changes in my body fat percentage over this week and hopefully she'll measure me today, although she may wait until I'm completely done with my cycle. I am so excited to start maintenance on Saturday and eat some real food!! Well...more of it anyway. I really do like Maeli a lot and she's helped me to lose almost 20 lbs, that's pretty huge. But for a few reasons, I won't be going back to her wellness center when I'm ready to do round two of this diet. I've learned a lot about it and I've learned I CAN DO IT! I know the diet and I know how to handle the cravings and what not to do. So next time I'm just going to get the drops and do it on my own. I'm also going to walk Nathan through a cycle after Christmas so I'm excited to see how he does :) I know that if we make this change in both our lives it will be a lot easier to support eachother and have a healthier family.

Whew, that was a long rant, but I needed it. Sorry for the TMI :P

No comments:

Post a Comment