Thursday, December 30, 2010

Throwing the scale away...

...well not literally. But after gaining another 1.6 lbs on my trip (which puts me up 6 lbs total during maintenance), I've decided I'm tired of stressing myself out over a damn number. I had to weigh myself this morning for my meeting with Maeli this afternoon but I'm not going to weigh again until I start my next round of drops. I'm tired of the rollercoaster over my pounds, when I know I'm doing the best I can.

Florida was so great. Other than that fact that there were actual snowflakes on the way to my parents house from the airport, it was such a great vacation. My family is so much fun when we're all together. We laugh non-stop and it all reminds me how truly blessed I've been my entire life to have such a wonderful family. Spoiled even. I have parents who love eachother and love me and they support me no matter what stupid decision I may make. They're also SO supportive about this weight loss thing..it makes it infinitely easier to keep going when it gets hard.

I thought it would be harder than it was to keep my diet in check while I was there, but it wasn't bad at all. I did allow myself a little sugar as I'd planned, but I didn't go overboard like I normally would and when we went out to eat, I ordered healthy things instead of my usual favorites. I even went to the gym with my mom on Tuesday morning and got in a 45 minute workout on the elliptical. I was totally a "big lady" as my family puts it. My body didn't seem to like something I put in it though, I'm still trying to hash out what it was. Cause I had my first "icky stomach" in weeks yesterday and it's still kinda fizzling out. But today it's back to the grind now that I'm home.

I'm just glad to be done with the stupid plane rides. Sitting on a plane smooshed up next to someone for 6 hours (delays and weather conditions once we landed) and having a seatbelt that cuts into your body cause it doesn't fit you right..is NOT enjoyable. I'm just glad to be home and to know that the next time I get on a plane...I shouldn't have that problem anymore. I got tired of apologizing to whoever I was sitting next to.

So no more weighing for a while (unless I have to for a meeting with Maeli) and a lot less stress from here on out. Time to just enjoy this new me...the me who can resist the bag of m&m's her dad has sitting out on the table and the Reisen's her brother-in-law and sister are munching on. The me who has started to ENJOY working out...and the me who is still on the inside fighting her way out!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah sorry about the Reisens...I was very impressed with your resistance!! You can do this...just focus one day at a time and screw the scale...like I said! haha

    ReplyDelete