Thursday, December 9, 2010

Okay that can't be right...

So down 2.something yesterday and today I'm UP 1.2? I texted Maeli about it because that seems like more than water retention. She says if I don't lose more than 2 lbs tomorrow to call her. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how I gained 1.2 lbs. I had about 502 calories...all things on my approved list and things I've had before. I even managed to get down about 125 oz. of water.

The only pattern I'm noticing is that when I have ground beef (the leanest kind you can buy)..I tend to lose less (or in this case gain some). Maybe my body just doesn't like it for this diet. Only problem is, that leaves me with Steak, Chicken....or seafood. I have yet to try the tilapia like my mom keeps insisting I'll like...but I HATE seafood. However, I know that if I just eat chicken and steak, I'm bound to stall and I'm already bored with it. *sighs*

I went to the Dr. this morning for a physical which I haven't done in years. My baby sister, who is in nursing school, insisted I go...especially now that I'm on this diet. She takes such good care of me hehe. No blood test results back yet but he said that everything looks great, which is good news. We talked about the hcg diet a bit and he kinda just smiled at me. I knew he wouldn't really care much for it but he did say this. He said that it's not dangerous and if it's working for me to go ahead and keep trying it if that's what I want. He said in his opinion its just a gimmick and that anyone will lose weight on just 500 calories...the hcg just makes you feel full. He said his only real concern with it is that people tend to not make a lifestyle change when they do it...and end up gaining ALL of the weight back when they go off the hcg. I told him I'm determined not to be one of those people. So he wished me luck and told me I was in great health (other than my weight obviously) and that was that!

So today I'm going to go super boring and hopefully lose a couple pounds by tomorrow. Steak and chicken here I come.

4 comments:

  1. I basically only had chicken the ENTIRE time and I continued to lose. Don't get me wrong, I had days with no loss or .2 losses or whatever, but never a gain. If I were you, I'd stay away from the red meat as much as possible. I pretty much HATED chicken by the time I was done, but I'm getting to the point where I like it again. Just a thought. GOOD LUCK JILL! I also hate seafood! Red meat is the debal haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you stall/gain for 2 days, you should try an apple day! I bet it works for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things... 1) Do realize how much 125 oz. of water weighs? You probably didn't pee it all out yet! 2) My lady at the diet center told me today that red meat of any kind will slow the weight loss because it takes 3-4 days to totally go through your system. I was only down .5...but I'd had lots of sirloin this week (within my 4 oz. limit, anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And...give tilapia a try. If you buy it frozen in individual packages (4 oz. each) I promise you will like it. Spray your cookie sheet with pam (just a little). Sprinkle Adobo seasoning or whatever on it. Put the little piece of tilapia down. Sprinkle more Adobo on top and that and broil for about 7-8 minutes. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete