Monday, December 6, 2010

Woohooo!

Another 2.4 lbs today! It feels SO good to have days like that, especially after a .4 gain yesterday, which know now was just water retention and doesn't mean I didn't still lose fat yesterday.

I met with Maeli today and did the oh so enjoyable pinch test. I swear nothing makes you feel fater than having another person pinch your fat between their fingers. But then she did my calculations and told me I'd lost 3.2% of my body fat. That's pretty awesome. I didn't hate her so much after that haha.

Yesterday was a hard day. Not physically...I still feel good and full and am not hurting anymore. But it was hard emotionally and mentally. After gaining weight in the morning..it was also our first grocery shopping trip since I'd started this diet. Can I just tell you that I HATE the grocery store now? Every single aisle was screaming at me with yummy things I can't have. The up side to this diet though is that I'm shopping healthier for Nathan and the kids too and not just myself (though they still got their chips ahoy and some mac n' cheese. I mean c'mon...they're kids, ya can't take away ALL the fun!) But as I told Maeli today, it's not the junk stuff I'm really craving anymore. I mean sure...a milky way bar would taste good but it's not what I WANT. What I really want...right now...is a couple pieces of whole wheat toast with some butter and strawberry jam on them. Is that too much to ask! haha.

Luckily when I'm done with the hcg drops I can have that stuff AND it's considered healthy! So at least I'm craving the healthy stuff more and more and not so much the junk food. Hopefully that makes Christmas easier when the fudge and toffee and cookies are around. I'm definitely eating them, but I think it'll be easier to do it in moderation this year. No one can pass up my mother's christmas goodies. You just can't.

Well..today is day 10 of this cycle. 11 more to go!! I am determined to break 300 before Florida. December 18th is when I'll start my maintenance cycle and have to be responsible for my own diet of eating healthy and exercise and bye bye drops. I'm excited to see how much I can lose by myself now that I'm feeling so much better about things and realizing that I really don't need all that crappy food I used to love so much. It will be nice to be able to eat a wider variety of things, that's for sure. I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting tired of steak!

3 comments:

  1. Great job Jill!! Ya, the grocery store is hard!! The best part is you tend to shop the outer perimeter on this diet and don't even need to shop the "isles" with all the processed food. And you're right about cravings! That's one of the great things about this diet. You still want chocolate cake, but not as much. You tend to start craving the healthier stuff and it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha grocery shopping would be easier if I didn't still have to shop for these other guys too...but i survived it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, I totally hear you on the grocery store stuff, some days I just cry, it's so hard, but I keep going and resist! As you said you are shopping healthier for your family too - that will begin to keep you out of those inside aisles! I wish I could shop with blinders on so I don't see the end cap displays! lol You are doing so good - I am so motivated just reading your blog! As far as the water goes, when I first saw my DO - he had me drinking 70oz of water a day, so I took out a jug, measured it, it was only 64oz, so I would fill it up, and pour an 8oz glass of water, I labeled my water jug so no one else would take any - then I could watch it during the day and guage how I was doing! It helped me with the visual. I always keep a water bottle with me - I have a nice thermos one, I fill it from my special water jug too! I don't know if this helps or not! Good luck and happy water drinking! I need to get in more fluids too - we need it more in the cooler/winter months believe it or not! Keep up the great work!!! Theresa C.

    ReplyDelete