Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Does this get any easier??

I always weigh myself a few times in the morning just to make sure the # is right. There's a reason I'm buying a new scale tomorrow. I got 4 diff. numbers today so I'm going by the middle one and saying I lost 1 more pound. Not great, but better than nothing.

But today, that's not my biggest complaint. I feel like this diet nearly killed me yesterday! The first half of the day was fine...even up until dinnertime it was fine. But last night after dinner and through to about 2am when my body finally gave in to the tiredness, I literally felt like I was starving to death. I've felt hunger pains since going on the 500 calories, but last night it HURT. I don't know why last night was so much worse but it was so bad that I felt I was going to lose my mind. I couldn't sleep because of it and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I thought this was supposed to get easier after the first few days!!! Not harder! I can do 21 days of anything, but I honestly don't know if I can do another 17 days of what I felt last night. I hope I don't have to. So I started doing some research and today I'm going to call Maeli for suggestions. I want to try and fix this without having to up my calories with a protein shake if I can help it.

One thing I read somewhere is that you're supposed to keep your hcg refrigerated to keep the solution well mixed, but on my bottle it says room temperature away from light. I have no idea which is better or if that's one of my problems. I also ready about something called L-glutamine which supposedly helps with your blood sugar levels and a lot of women said helped to stop their hunger pains between meals. So I'm going to ask her about taking that. I need SOMETHING...or I am going to shovel a whole loaf of bread in my mouth.

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to change anything until I've survived a full week of 500 calories and I have 3 more days to go for that..but man is it getting harder. I'm open to any suggestions or ideas from any of you who have done this diet...I feel very desperate right now and I do NOT want to mess this diet up. But the pains are so bad that I cannot think about anything else but the pain and the fact that I have food right in front of me I could eat to make it stop. I even dream about this damn diet. I want to lose this weight...but not at the expense of my sanity.

Make it stop!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jill,
    I am just starting the same diet too. I've heard the first whole week is the hardest- period. There are also drops you can buy to stave off the hunger pains that are suggest for use during the first week of the diet. It's hard going from a full stomach, to a much smaller, less full stomach. I think we get used to feeling full and comfortable and so we associate any stomach pain with starving. Drink more water with lemon. Do you eat melba toast? I've been trying to eat some of the lower calorie foods and notice when I eat the toast and down a bunch of water that it's not so bad. Good luck, hang in there JIll. You can do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 calories! That's insane! Popcorn is my go-to food, plain of course.

    Hang in there, Jill. You are awesome to have gotten this far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popcorn's not allowed or I would drown myself in it haha. I haven't bought the melba toast yet Kate, but I'm gonna go out and get me some. I'm also going to look into that L-glutamine stuff. Feeling hungry sucks but I keep telling myself it'll go away in a couple more days. Good luck with your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can control this, you already have, you're amazing! KEEP GOING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about setting up camp in a Victoria Secret store? I can't imagine eating while in that place! Or watch Food Inc. That is pretty gross and might help you lose your appetite for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete